Tuesday 13 September 2011

A Tenuous Link... Between the British Museum and Elisabeth Taylor

... Now I apologise for such a very tenuous link but an afternoon at the British museum looking at Egyptology made me think of Elisabeth Taylor in Cleopatra... 









... Which is where she met Richard Burton. Who she married (for the first time) in 1964. I love the daffodil yellow chiffon dress, the emerald brooch and the tiny white flowers in her hair. I'm not sure I could pull this off, but doesn't she look incredibly wonderful?







Another beautiful image and fabulous hair. Definitely one for the wedding inspiration folder.


 
PS. I think I read somewhere that this photo was part of the same wedding as the one above (although there is every chance that I have got this wrong so please correct me if you know better). 

No comments:

Post a Comment