Sunday 18 September 2011

Wedding Caking

I knew from the start that I wanted to make something for our wedding. A few people tell me I'm insane for even considering it, but I would really like to make our wedding cake. I love cooking and it doesn't feel like its too big a job.  After all my mum did most of the cooking for her wedding herself.  She and my dad even cleared up the church hall with friends after their reception.

I've found some very yummy-looking recipes.  I really like the look of this chocolate cherry cake.  There is also this fantastic video tutorial on decorating wedding cakes.  

I'm quite tubby at the moment, having spent most of our holiday eating, so I've not practiced anything yet.  But will post up some results once I do start baking. 

Is anyone else thinking about making their own wedding cake? Let me know how it goes, or if you have any advice, links or good ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment